2.14.2012

Going the extra mile...

I had every intention of sharing my super crafty Valentine’s Day project with you…but AT&t has decided it has better things to do than find the pictures I sent to my mobile locker three hours ago. *2 days until my new phone comes!* so... Moving on from my temporary childish fit, and onto my original post…
I love crafty Valentine’s Day gifts! Don’t get me wrong, who doesn’t love chocolates and flowers? But there’s something about going that extra mile, doing something that says, I love you…and I’ve taken the time to really know you. I’m so blessed to have a hubby who knows me. My wonderful husband surprised me yesterday with three bouquets of different flowers. No, they weren’t red long-stemmed roses and no, they weren’t in a gorgeous vase. But my dear husband has taken the time to learn that one of my secret hobbies is floral design and that I love piecing together funky flower arrangements from my favorite flowers. Store-bought arrangements bore me!
My husband and I have been married for 3 years. Our first valentine’s day together was in our little, studio apartment. We were broke. No, beyond broke. I’d like to tell you that we’ve come a long way since that tiny apartment, and in some ways we have. We’re still broke though. That’s why I love crafty, meaningful gift ideas. This year’s gift for the hubby?...a handmade “10 things I LOVE about you” booklet. I’ve seen variations of this idea all over the internet and I think it’s adorable. It pushed me out of my box and made me really focus on the specific attributes of my husband that I adore. I’m totally biased, but I feel like it’s a great gift idea…not even just for Valentine’s Day but for any day! We all need little reminders sometimes!
I hope you all have a wonderful valentine’s day and don’t forget to take time out to go the extra mile every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment